Is it possible to find the “easy” button for using a homeschool math curriculum online? It really is!
We were struggling to find a 7th grade math curriculum for this fall, so I jumped at the chance to try Teaching Textbooks’ math curriculum.
Why?Math is not the favorite subject of my oldest child. She typically just tolerates math. Can you relate?
So, when she asked to do extra lessons in the Teaching Textbooks 3.0 online version, I was thrilled!
I mean…. imagine a child who used to want to hurry to get math “out of the way,” actually asking to do extra lessons and on the weekends, too?
Talk about being pleasantly surprised!!
5 reasons Teaching Textbooks Math Curriculum makes math simple and fun
Reason #1: Teaching Textbooks’ math curriculum has a simple and fun user-friendly interface.
As busy moms, we don’t have time to learn complicated software!
Teaching Textbooks’math curriculum had us literally up and running within 2 minutes of registering online!
I appreciate how they really know what features I wanted to adjust while still keeping it simple and easy to use.
I was able to set up both the parent account and student account right away.
The options are clear and easily labeled so I could quickly find exactly what I wanted the first time.
Reason #2: Teaching Textbooks Math Curriculum feature short video lessons and practice.
Teaching Textbooks explains math concepts in a direct, but short way.
There are no lengthy and dull explanations!
Reason #3: Kids have a say in their own settings with Teaching Texbooks
While it may not seem like a big deal, kids really do like to have a say on things – especially an online homeschool math curriculum program.
Teaching Textbooks allows the kids to choose their own wallpaper that forms the background for their lessons. The ocean scene is our favorite, btw.
Kids can also choose their “buddy.” This is a talking character that can give them encouragement and hints when they are working on the math problems.
Finally, the kids can choose if they want sound or hints. They can turn each feature on or off with a simple click.
Reason #4: Both kids and parents have instant access to the grade book in Teaching Texbooks Math Curriculum
Once your kids finish their math practice, both you and your kids can see how they did on their assignment. While grades aren’t super important to us as homeschoolers, both my kids and I want to make sure they are understanding the math concepts. It is great that everyone can quickly see how your kids did on each lesson!
And….there are three other features that make math simple and fun available in the parent log-in worth mentioning:
- Parents choose to set what percentage of correct answers receiving a passing grade.
- Another option is to decide if your kids get a “second chance” to answer the problem correctly. It can really keep the pressure off of kids if they know that have a second chance.
- Finally, you also choose if your kids can access to “hints” to solve the problems if they need some extra support. When kids aren’t quite sure if they have the right answer, “hints” can be a fun way to keep your kids engaged with their math lesson.
Reason #5: (And this is THE most important) Kids feel successful while learning math online
Different curricula options can check all kinds of boxes, but all of that is wasted if our kids aren’t feeling successful.
Because Teaching Textbooks 3.0 makes math simple and fun, kids are set up to help kids understand and do well on the assignments. The “hints” and “buddies” offer gentle encouragement. That successful feeling makes it easier to begin the next lesson with a good attitude and be ready to learn more.
Other ways Teaching Textbooks online math curriculum makes math simple and fun
Beyond these 5 ways Teaching Textbooks makes math simple and fun, here are some other reasons you should give it a try:
- Teaching Textbooks 3.0 is a full curriculum with over 100 lessons in Grade 7. You can even print it out as a textbook if you would like!
- Each of the kids can see their progression within their grade level.
- The format of each lesson is the same, which means your kids focus on the math concept rather than trying to figure out how to do various types of activities.
- The lectures teach your kids, so parents can use this time to teach siblings other subjects. We LOVE anything that makes teaching multiple kids easier! 😉
- And… it works on all types of devices, too!
Teaching Textbooks has truly made middle school math simple and fun for us. My daughter is learning and successfully using her math skills. I’m so relieved that we found something that works so well for us!
Since Teaching Textbooks is available as a subscription for grades 3- Pre-Calculus, we’re planning on using it for middle school and high school grades.
Have you tried Teaching Textbooks?
I’d love to hear how it worked for your family! Let me know in the comments.